Welcome to the Muhlenberg High School Health Services Department!!
CLICK HERE FOR HEALTH SERVICES INFORMATION
Hours of operation: The MHS nurse’s office is open from 7:30 AM until 3:00 PM on school days only.
- Please notify the school nurse if your child has a medical condition that affects the ability of your child to attend or participate fully in school.
- Any time a student is diagnosed with a communicable disease (such as the chickenpox), the nurse should be notified immediately by the parent or guardian.
- Please read the school attendance policies in the student handbook for information about when a note is needed by a health care provider.
- Students who become ill or are injured during school are to report to the nurse's office to be evaluated.
- The school nurse will call you if your child is sick or injured and needs to go home from school.
Muhlenberg High School
610-921-8078 x 4106
Kathy Bower, Certified School Nurse, MSN, CRNP, MEd.
Chairperson of Health Services Department
Certified School Nurse/Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner- Muhlenberg High School and Holy Guardian Angel's School
Education: Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing at Alvernia University, School Nurse Certification Millersville University
Master's degree in Nursing and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner(Pediatrics) credentials at Gwynedd Mercy University.
Master's degree in Education with a School Health focus from Alvernia University.
Activities:Coordinator of the Greater Berks Food Bank "Back Pack Program" for the Muhlenberg School District.
Member of the Student Assistance Team(SAP), K-12 SAP certified for Pennsylvania.
Mrs. Bower sits on the district Environmental Health and Safety, All Hazards Committee, Attendance Committee and Student Services Committee.
She is FEMA Certified-National Incident Management System and Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools.
Member of the MSD Pandemic Planning Committee
Experience: Mrs. Bower has been a certified school nurse since 1993. She has had extensive experience in Pediatrics, Traumatic Brain Injury, Rehabilitation, Infection Control and in Employee Health and Safety. Mrs. Bower is a member of the County, State and National Associations of School Nurses and Nurse Practitioners as well as State Pupil Services Organizations.
Contact Mrs. Bower: 610-921-8078 X 4106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org