Some suggested activities:
- Read to and with your child 10-15 minutes each day!!
- Practice letters and letter sounds (The name of the letter is __. The sound that it makes is ___.)
- Practice word wall words using word ring or list (March Update/Sight Word List - webpage)
- Practice counting to 100 and beyond
- Practice writing numbers to 20
- Practice rhyming words
- Practice breaking words up (c-a-t) and putting them back together (cat)
- Draw a picture and have your child write two or more sentences
- Practice writing first and last name - real school letters w/initial capital and lower case
- Practice tying shoe laces and zipping coats
Thanks for all you do to help your child at home!!